Wednesday, August 4, 2004

LAUGHTER...THE BEST MEDICINE

Peggy was laughing when she came to the phone this morning. It was nice to hear her laughter again.

I asked her why she was laughing and she replied...I don't know.

She had a secret joke in her mind but she had no way of sharing it with me.

Peggy always had a joke or funny story to share before she got sick. She still has them in her head but cannot share them any longer.

It was still wonderful to hear her laughter and to be apart of the up day in her mind.

Calling her every day is like the roll of the dice.

I never know which Peggy will come to the phone. I never know if she will hang up on me, be angry, be happy or sad.

I call to hear her voice.....  before Alzheimer's takes that part of her away too.

Just hearing her laugh over her secret joke made me smile and laugh too.

Alzheimer's is taking Peggy away but it can never take my memories of all the laughter we have shared through the years.

Laughter is the best medicine and I got a big dose of happy today.

Thank You, Peggy.                 

I Love You Today!

Mary Louise

No comments: