Wednesday, October 27, 2004

THE WINDING ROAD

It is strange to see the winding road of Alzheimer's disease.

There are twists, sharp turns and uneven road.

I feel like I am driving down a dangerous road in a tiny, unsafe car. There are steep cliffs to my right with no guard rails to protect me. There are high mountains to my left which could send a boulder down and crush my car with me inside.

I am never sure if I should speed up or slow down when I try to communicate with Peggy while driving this road.

Every day and every call to her is different.

The only thing that never changes on this twisting road is........

Peggy doesn't remember who I am or that we are sisters.

So, I will continue to drive on this stretch of road until the road is no more and I have to stop my car and get out.

When that happens, I will look back and see the road that I have traveled with Peggy.  I will be a better driver in my life because of this journey with my sister. A better person as I watch a cherished part of my history continue to disappear from my life.

I Love You, Peggy and........

I Will Remember You...

 by Sarah McLachlan   (Liberties Taken)

I will remember you. Will you remember me?

 Don't let your life pass you by..Weep Not for the memories.

Remember the Good Times that we had!

I let them slip away from me when things got bad. 

Clearly, I first saw you smiling in the sun.  I want to feel your warmth around me.  I want to be the one!

I'm so Tired but I can't sleep. Standing on the edge of Something Much too Deep!

Funny, how we Feel so much but Cannot say a Word.

Though we are Screaming inside.........We can't be Heard!

I Will Remember You! Will you remember me?

Don't let your life pass you by..Weep Not For the Memories!

So afraid to Love You...More afraid to lose..

We are Clinging to a Past that doesn't let us choose!

Where once there was darkness, a deep and endless night.

You gave us everything you had.......AHHH... Peggy,

You gave me light!

SO>>>>>

I will Remember You!

Will You Remember me?

Don't let your Life pass you by.

I will weep NOT for all our Memories!!!

I Love You, Today, Peggy!

Mary Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an accurate way to describe it...I am reading your journal and keeping up with it and just wanted you to know. :)
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your journal for some time now and every entry you make is so wonderful and touching.  We have recently come to a place in our road of life where my great aunt is being tested for Alzheimer's.  Reading your journal has been such a great gift for me.  You remind me of the good in life and the bond that sisters have (even if one doesn't know it).
Thanks-
Brooke

Anonymous said...

That Sarah McLachlan song is a good one...as true as can be. There are a lot of songs of hers that we can truly relate to and use to symbolize/describe a part of our lives.