Monday, June 7, 2004

Ronald Reagan dies from Alzheimer's Disease

http://www.sharingcare.com

GOOD-BYE.....

Former President Ronald Reagan died this weekend of complications from Alzheimer's Disease.

I am glad that his struggle is over. I'm glad that Nancy's struggle with his living death is over.

It doesn't matter who you are, how intelligent you are, how educated you are, how loved you are. Alzheimer's Disease decides  when it will enter a mind and whose mind it will destroy.

Ronald Reagan lasted 10 years after he was diagnosed. He was 82  at diagnoses and 92 years old when he died.

 I wish that Peggy had been 82 when she developed Alzheimer's and not in her 40's. I wish that she had lived 40 more years of remembering and health. I wish, I wish, I wish........

Nancy Reagan said that this was the Long Goodbye and that the worse thing was that she couldn't share all of her memories with him or he with her.

I applaud her efforts to continue research to discover a cure for this vicious disease.

You only have to watch a life disappear...to feel the same way.

You only have to feel forgotten to feel the same way.

You only have to be erased from memory to feel the same way.

You only have to watch some one you love waste away to feel the same way.

You only have to cry a million tears to understand how Watching someone you love disappear from Alzheimer's Disease tears a heart apart.

I Love You Today, Peggy!

Mary Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron may of died of AD but he had a good life before it sneaked up on him. I am sure your sister did too. But she was so much younger. It make my heart hurt for her for that reason.

Anonymous said...

What the brain does is sometimes too shocking for journals and I am proud of your public journey and cry for education.  Thank you brave lady for loving your sister enough.  For loving mankind enough.  For opening eyes......and writing thru your tears.

Prayers.