Thursday, June 24, 2004

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE

The answer machine picked up when I called Peggy this morning.

I left a message and told her that I Loved her today and would talk with her later.

Her husband said that when I leave a message, Peggy listens to it and talks to the message just like she is talking to me.

After he told me that, I remembered something that Longfellow said;

Give what you have to give.........To someone, ...it may be better than you think.

I hope that my calls mean something to Peggy. I would like to think that they do because it is all that I can give her now.

I am the stranger with the familiar voice. 

I miss so many things about Peggy. I really miss the confidence that she had in me. She always believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself.

She would be surprised if she knew how often a joke, a song, a memory makes me think of her. It is like a moment that we have actually spent together. It reminds me that a sister is a friend forever... I love her even though she has nothing left to give to me, nothing much to say to me or no recognition of me. I love her...Just Because!

Peggy is valuable just because she Exists....

Not because of what she does or what she has done....

But simply because she is Peggy..... My Sister, My Friend!            Max Lucado ( liberties taken)

I Love You Today, Peggy!

My Sister...My Forever Friend!

Mary Louise

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sure that your calls mean something to Peggy.
Despite her fuzzy awarness, her love for you is still there. Love is a feeling you both share, regardless of the physical conditions she faces.
***Blessings to you and Peggy***
~Kandi
A STAR WAS BORN

Anonymous said...

I have purposely not read this since school was out.  I didn't want to read it after watching the Reagan funeral.  Tonight I couldn't sleep so I was looking through some pictures and saw some of Peggy.  The first one was beautiful of her, the next one was in 1999 then 2003 and finally 2004.  I just wanted to cry.  She has slowly slipped into another place where we can't reach her now.  Please God keep your arms around her and when it is time she will slip away and be in a perfect place that has no disease only seeing the glorious face of God.  I love you Peggy. caragricke