Monday, January 19, 2004

A Sweet, Sweet Spirit in This Place.

I thought of a song this morning that Peggy and I sang in church when we were girl's. "There's A Sweet, Sweet Spirit In This Place". That is the molodie that drifted through my mind when I hung up the phone.                                                     Peggy still posesses that sweet spirit!   I have never known her to be mean-spirited in any way. That's just who she Was and Who She Still Is....A Gentle Soul, a Kind and Caring Spirit.

I walked on the beach this morning and watched as the mist covered the shore. I walked through the mist and could feel the cool spray on my face.                      That is what Peggy has always done for me. She provided a cool misting spray in the middle of emotional conflict. That was her gift to all of us!

Peggy is a gentle soul who touched all of our lives in different ways. She taught us to be kind and gentle and loving. She was not trying to teach.She was just being Peggy!

She would be surprised to read what I have just written because acculades of any kind... never entered her mind.

Alzheimer's may be causing Peggy to disappear but her Sweet, Sweet Spirit will live on in our hearts and lives.... OR....

Peggy will be there With ....


"THAT LOOK"  The iceburg look that could stop a person in their tracks!

Those of you who know Peggy know exactly what I mean. ( smile)!

Even a Sweet, Sweet Spirit Has Limits!!!!

I Love You Today, Peggy!

Mary Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of us "4 Gulls" (as our Southern mother referred to us), Peggy Jane was the Angel of our group. Never have I known anyone to not love Peggy. She blessed us and others. What a sweet spirit she has. ML, I love you today and always. Your sis, BJ (PS) I remember tat cold look (smile).

Anonymous said...

That describes Peg to a T. She has a sweet, sweet spirit. I will sing that song and always remember her sweet spirit. I also remember y'all singing in church.
Thanks for writing your journal on Alzhemiers. It helps me. caragrike