Tuesday, May 18, 2004

JIM.....SAYING HELLO

There is no way to understand how Peggy's brain is working. I was ready to hang up after talking for a while when I asked...

Peggy, do you know who this is?

Yes, she said.

Who am I?

Your Jim........

I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry. Who the heck is Jim?

Peggy seems to get worse with each call and there is not a single thing that I can do.

She answered my questions with one word. Yes, no, good and I can't leave out Jim.. now can I!  

I hope that the Jim she thought I was this morning is a nice person. I hope that she knows that Jim and Mary Louise care about her so very much.

My eyes wanted to cry when she thought that I was Jim but my heart had to laugh because I know that she is trying so hard to sound normal.

She said "Jim" with the assurance that she knew who she was  talking with. I didn't have the heart to tell her she was wrong and that it was me.

So, this is Jim saying good-bye today.

I Love You Today, Peggy

Jim AKA Mary Louise

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Louise I feel your pain  I called my grandmother to wish her a happy mothers day. she said "Hi mommy" to me,  I said "granny happy mothers day I love you this is Ro "she asked my aunt "who is this on the phone they are just talking and talking what are they talking about"? my aunt got back on the phone and laughed, I wanted to cry because my granny raised me my heart was broken. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone be encouraged....I feel your pain and will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love you Jim. Because you can be him, for her!

Anonymous said...


Mary Louise,

I suggest a minor spelling error:  Maybe the name Peggy was saying was really "Gem."  I'd say that describes you very well.  ;)

Patrick