Friday, October 14, 2005

TEARS

Watching Peggy disappear has released all the saved tears of my life.

I have cried over things that I had tucked away and willed myself not to cry over long ago.

Silly things like... the boy in 1st grade who call me a stupid butt and hurt my feelings.

And for the girls in 7th grade who didn't think that I was good enough to be in their click.

I cried for the times that I was embarrassed over something that I had said or done.

I cried for the disappointment I saw in my parent's eyes at times when I was growing up.

I cried again for the babies that I lost by miscarriage.

I cried for the times that I have let my husband or children down.

Watching my sister disappear has given me a reason to release my tears of the past.

I think that when we finally let go and have a long, releasing cry....

We cry for what has happened in the present and causes our intense pain but we also cry...

All the tears of our lives!

OVER ALL THE MOUNTAINTOPS IS PEACE. IN ALL TREETOPS YOU PERCEIVE SARCELY A BREATH. THE LITTLE BIRDS IN THE FOREST ARE SILENT.

WAIT THEN;  SOON YOU, TOO, WILL HAVE PEACE.

Goethe

I Love You Today, Peggy!

Mary Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you find this crying healing? I have been crying a lot lately because of my own struggles, and sometimes it feels healing and soothing, and sometimes it makes me feel more down. I keep you all in my thoughts. Margo

Anonymous said...

I quite often cry over the same things as you do, we were given tears for a reason and they do release the feelings we have. Tears are a blessing my friend, it would hurt all the more without them!

Anonymous said...

My sister in law just lost her husband 8 weeks ago.  She is having a horrible time adjusting to her new life without him, alone, with no children at age 46.  He was her world... now, she has to be her own world... she and God.

I saw this and shared it with Joann.  Because she apolagizes for crying all of the time.  She cries every day.  I told her she has every reason to be crying and that her tears didn't bother me because I knew they were helping her make progress.



T
E
A
R

T- To accept the reality
E- Esperience the pain
A- Adjust to the new environment
R- Reinvest in the new reality

I think that each time she cries, she helps herself ease the pain that she carries around with her.

Looks like you have been able to get rid of years of pain ML.
Good for you.
Love,
Wendy