Wednesday, September 29, 2004

DON'T EVER FORGET.......

I read these words this morning and tears flooded my eyes.

The words were........

Don't ever forget that I will always love you.

Peggy has forgotten that I love her.....

But I haven't forgotten.

I'll will always love you, Snodgrass!

My sister's and I gave her that name on her 13th birthday and it stuck.

Time and Alzheimer's has taken your memory of love and erased the knowledge that are sisters.  Alzheimer's is powerful but it can never take away the love that I have in my heart for you.

We share a history that is burned into my memory and seared into my soul.

As long as I can remember.....I will remember You!

I Love You Today, Peggy!

Mary Louise

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

M.L. Undoubtedly you are one of the sweetest most loyal sisters I have ever seen.   Your articles touch the depths of my heart each time I read them.  I love the photos that you include.  Knowing Peggy and Betty Jean makes it all the more special to me.  You are wonderful and God will bless you richly.  I remember you in my prayers. Flo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing about Peggy, yourself and your other sister. You are right, illness can never kill love, nothing can kill love.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

Anonymous said...

Peggy is the rose of your memory.  With you in perfection in remembrance even when she cannot be in life.  Thank you for sharing Peggy.   Paulette

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,

I don't believe that Peggy doesn't remember your love...for the heart and the brain are separate.  The heart I speak of is the soul.  Peggy still loves you every single day and will forevermore.......GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!

Love
Marie