Monday, June 18, 2007

TIME

TIME IS A FUNNY THING......

You either have too much of it or not enough.

A time to be born and a time to die.

What a person does with the time between being born and dying is interesting.

We usually don't realize the gravity of time until there is no more.

Peggy and I shared many good times but neither of us realized how short our time together would be.......

Even when she began to forget simple things...we never thought that our "time" would be cut so short.

Time has a way of being slow or fast.

When I am waiting on someone to arrive for a visit, the minutes seem to turn into hours. When they arrive, time speeds up and the visit is over in a flash. 

So, our moods reflect how we perceive time.

When I was 17, I had all the time in the world and everything moved much to slow for me.

Now, time goes too fast and weeks turn into years. Holidays come faster and my birthdays are every other week.

When Peggy first started to forget, I thought it would take a long time before she forgot who I was....

I was wrong.

From the first day that I knew that she had Alzheimer's disease to today was just a flash of time.

Time ran out  for us while I was living my life and planning the next week and next month. 

Peggy isn't dead but she has disappeared from my daily living. She has disappeared and my time moves on without her presence. Time continues and I continue to plan time for the day, the week, the month, the year. 

 Sometimes, I cry because Peggy doesn't have any more time. I cry because we don't have any more time and I miss her so much.

It never crossed my mind during the years that we shared, that time might not be ours forever. We were supposed to be old spry ladies together but........

TIME had other ideas. TIME ran out while we weren't looking and now, time has run out for us to share our lives as sister's.

Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

I am thankful for the time that Peggy and I shared as sister's but Oh..........how I wish that we had just one more hour. Just 60 short ticks of the clock!

How I wish that...

We had a little more time!

I Love You Today, Peggy!

I smile when I remember our time together. The laughter, the serious talks, the dreams and even the anger. It was.....

Our time and it went by much too fast!

Mary Louise


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so touching, and so very true.

Joanie

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading the poem 'Remember Me' by Christina Rossetti.  It is about a death too.  (But not in a morbid way)   Your words above are echoed in her poem.  You are remembering her as she was ....with ever such a big smile that you are passing it on to us.      God Bless her.    Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful haunting post! I believe in the fog that is your sister's Alzheimers that underneath it all she knows you love her and senses your presence. The love and patience you show your sister is astounding , as well as inspirational to all those who have someone they lose piece by piece. Wishing you love and peace. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Eternity is timeless.  Erick Clapton sure felt your pain when he lost his 5 year old son who fell out of an upstairs window while with a baby sitter.  

One more day... One more hour.  You will be granted that.  Time can hurt us here... but Eternity is timeless.

tight hugs,
love,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this because my mama is leaving me the same way your sister did you...and also when I read it, I thought of my Danny ...We too were suppose to grow OLD TOGETHER...and we got cheated....I am sorry, I can not see to write anymore;
carlene

Anonymous said...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-13 There is a time for everything. I'm so sorry for you. Your words are so touching. SO true. We are losing my MIL and she was like a real mom to me. We cant stop it - only cherish the time we now have together. I love that soong "Tears In Heaven." I pray you will have a productive and happy day. God bless.   Roz   rznaber@aol.com  http:/journals.aol.com/rznaber/your-naber-blog/

Anonymous said...

As always, you're so, so right. It's a shame to waste the precious gift of time, life, whatever. Thanks for some more inspiration. rich

Anonymous said...

I stopped by to see how you and Peggy were doing and notice that this entry was posted about a month ago.  I have thought of you both over the past months, hoping that life was treating you well and that Peggy did not suffer.  Bless You.  Paulette